Junior Graphic Designer
The Junior Graphic Designer position exists within the The Mitchells agency design department. The designer works independently on assigned projects or as a member of a project team. The Junior Graphic Designer develops concepts and fulfills assignments according to supplied strategic and creative input. The Junior Graphic Designer may, on occasion, work directly with account service, or with production artists and outside contractors (freelancers and vendors), to complete design requirements or supervise in-house production. More typically, the Junior Graphic Designer works under the direction of an Art Director or Creative Director. The position reports to the Creative Director.
- Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required.
- Works with art director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Works with independent contractors (freelance illustrators, photographers, etc.) as required per assignment, under supervision of designated art director/senior art director/creative director, and in conjunction with production manager to meet assigned deadlines.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires.
- Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- Maintains current computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
- Notifies designated purchasing personnel or creative director when hardware/software requires updating or servicing.
- Maintains internal and off-site digital file backups for in-progress jobs; uploads completed project files to agency Digital Asset Management archive system.
- Maintains reasonable inventory of necessary art supplies for fulfillment of design responsibilities.
- BS degree in marketing, fine art, graphic design or a related field
- 0-3 years of graphic design experience
- Ability to design across all mediums: Traditional Print, 2D, 3D, Social and Digital
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative / editorial copywriting skills a plus
- Forward-thinking and highly collaborative
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced environment with many cross functional partners
- Experience using in digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other industry design and production software
- Reasonable drawing skills