The Project Manager will work with both the account service and creative teams to successfully deliver agency projects on time. Duties of this position include monitoring workloads, creating project schedules, maintaining job files, conducting traffic meetings, and tracking and updating project status. This position reports to the Vice President.
- Works with account services team to open all agency jobs and issue project briefs.
- Maintains and publishes a weekly production report (from FP) of all jobs and their status to ensure all departments are advised of schedules and job progress.
- Posts a daily “hot sheet” listing the most pressing jobs for the day -- account services and creative teams have access to this report through Google Docs or Google Sheets.
- Regulates time to allow for internal review of all concepts with the creative director and account executive.
- Reviews daily work schedule and expedites urgent jobs that arise.
- Communicates through account executives when it is necessary to contact clients for any materials, information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects.
- Engages clients directly only as requested by account executives or agency leadership.
- Provides proofs to account executives for client approval.
- Process any job “change orders” from the account services team.
- Reports any problems affecting due dates to account executives.
- Retrieves client-approved materials from account executives to continue production process.
- Ensures jobs are officially approved by the account executive and client.
- Notifies the account executive when a job is finished so s/he can review, update the job status to “ready for pricing” thus alert the accounting team the job is ready to bill.
- Supports account service and creative teams with ancillary production responsibilities such as preparing estimates, proofreading, obtaining ad specifications and extensions from media team and maintains updated agency sample files.
- This person must possess excellent communication skills, an ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines, strong decision-making skills, a passion for details, great energy, along with a collaborative attitude and flexible team-oriented approach to working with others.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant traffic/project management experience
- Familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word